As a Virtual Assistant looking for more clients, Instagram should be your go-to platform.
Why? Because your potential clients are already there!
Business owners - and in particular small business owners (who need help!) - are on Instagram. And they're not just scrolling endlessly. They're actively promoting their products and services, networking, and on the lookout for fresh ideas, inspiration, hints and tips. There are over 200 million business accounts on Instagram, and the best part? It's completely free! It really is the best place for you as a Virtual Assistant to be finding and booking clients.
Picture this scenario: your local town hall is hosting an event with over 200 million businesses attending, and there's NO admission fee. You wouldn't miss it, right? That's exactly what Instagram offers – a colossal, cost-free opportunity to connect with prospective clients.
So, how do you stand out to your ideal clients on Instagram? Let's break it down:
- Share valuable advice, hints and tips. This not only showcases your expertise but also builds trust with your audience.
- Don't forget to post about yourself too. It's important to establish a personal connection. Let them see the person behind the business, someone they'd like to work with. It's all about building that crucial 'know, like, and trust' factor.
Your Instagram Bio:
- Use a photo of yourself as your bio image. Remember, you are the face of your business. Make sure it’s a clear close up and use the entire space in the circle. Remember most people are viewing Instagram on a tiny mobile screen.
- Clearly state in your bio that you're a Virtual Assistant. If you specialise in a certain area or niche then highlight this.
- Start your bio with a catchy 'I help...' or 'Are you...' statement. It's a powerful way to grab attention.
- Use hashtags that your ideal customers will be searching. Think about words, terms and phrases that describe what you do, what services you offer, what problems you solve and the solutions you provide (for more advice on How to use hashtags on Instagram take a read of this blog post)
- Actively seek out your ideal customers. Don’t just sit back and wait for them to find you! Yes, they will be able to find you through your hashtags and the keywords you use in your bio and captions but you can 10 X this by also actively seeking them! Think about which Instagram feeds they follow (work and personal-related) and which hashtags they are using in their posts (using not searching). And go and find them there! Engage on their posts and draw attention back to you, your feed and your business.
- Last but not least, ensure your bio weblinks are up to date and working. You don't want to lose potential clients just because they couldn't find out more about you.
So, what are you waiting for? Dive into the Instagram pool and start mingling with those potential clients!
To explore this in a lot more detail, join me and a wonderful group of women in business in the All Things Insta Club You'll get access to incredible Instagram strategies and quick wins that will really supercharge your Instagram.